Thursday 6 October 2016

Bionic Gear Bag - Rip Stitcher review

Today I've finished the second Bionic Gear Bag I have ever made. This one is going to be gifted to my mother in law next week for her birthday.

I originally saw these bags on instagram and was a fairly new sewer so at first put it off. Then I decided to challenge myself and purchased the pattern. 85 pages later and my brain was frazzled! On Craftsy it is ranked as a beginner pattern, but the way the pattern is written is not beginner friendly in my opinion.

I couldn't understand past the first few steps then luckily found a fantastic series of YouTube tutorials that saved the day. Other than the cutting out, I just followed the video rather than the pattern.

Anyway, that said, I've made two bags with a third on the machine and I think the finished product is fantastic.

What do you think?

Robin x

1 comment:

  1. Well done! Great colour choices. I just finished my first BGB today too and couldn’t have done it without the Sew Together bag videos. Irked at the confusion created by the badly written pattern, I did some googling and discovered Sally basically stole the Sew Together pattern, made a few modifications and called it her own. I’m seriously considering disputing my PayPal purchase. In the end my bag turned out usable, but only because of the other author’s videos, my own experience and my willingness to use a stitch picker.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I look forward to reading it :0)

LinkWithin

You might also like:
 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs