Tuesday 25 September 2012

Water Marbling Nail Art - practice makes perfect!

nail art water marbling marble pink purple blue green
Nail Art Water Marbling

Hey girlies
 
On Saturday I spent half the afternoon water marbling my nails and I must say I am pleased that I did. Well, to be fair I spent longer on the clean up than I did on the marbling as I chose to do a couple of nails at a time without using tape or vaseline! As she said in Pretty Woman "big mistake, huge!" I shall never be lazy and not tape up my nails first again.
 
nail art water marbling marble pink purple blue green

The only problem I had was getting water bubble marks on them which you can see in the photos, other than that it worked a dream. I used all Barry M nail polishes and I boiled some water and allowed it to cool to room temperature to make up for not using filtered water.
 
I would love to know what you think, I must say I am very pleased with them myself :-)

nail art water marbling marble pink purple blue green
 
nail art water marbling marble pink purple blue green
 
Robin Sparkles :0)

18 comments:

  1. They look amazing. I love the colour combo you chose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, they were pretty "loud" to wear but got lots of great comments :0)

      Delete
  2. Amazing water marble! The colors look perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am really pleased you like them :0)

      Delete
  3. I love the photo with it all over your fingers - it came out pretty good, hey? I hate water marbling, I've only tried once, but I hate it. This turned out amazaballs, I too love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness the clear up of getting that off my fingers was a nightmare, defo 100% tape fingers up!!
      Thanks chick :0)

      Delete
  4. These came out awesome!
    p.s. I'm nominating you for "The Versatile Blogger Award!"
    Check out my blog for deatils!

    http://sarahlounails.blogspot.com/2012/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow yours came out really pretty, I too tried water marbeling today for the first time, It was bad lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I just don't have the patience at all to do this, but your look gorgeous! So 70s and groovy. I'm your 50th GFC follower - congratulations! Here's to many more. You have a gorgeous colourful blog to match your colourful nails. ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww what a lovely comment, thank you! and thank you for following my blog. I am going to pick it back up again now as was having a break and having gel nails for a while...x

      Delete
  7. This looks so cool! I am dreading the day when we have to do the water marble challenge! Do you have any tips now that you achieved it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if you dont have access to filtered water (which I didnt) boil some water and let that cool to room temperature. It must be room temperature and use nail varnishes that are quite runny like Barry M. Let me know how it goes :0)

      Delete
  8. I'm very impressed! These look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I look forward to reading it :0)

LinkWithin

You might also like:
 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs